Beijing's new airport going high-tech
Travelers will be able to pass through customs inspections faster and more seamlessly than ever at soon-to-be-opened Beijing Daxing International Airport.
“The new airport is equipped with the best inspection technologies in China. Our goal is to significantly cut inspection times and make travelers more comfortable,”?said Gao Ruifeng, deputy director of Beijing Customs.
The new airport, located 46 kilometers south of the capital’s downtown district, is expected to open later this month.
Video by Lin Hanqing?
Today's Top News
- Hong Kong turmoil taking toll on families
- Travel experiences evolving as National Day holiday approaches
- Xinjiang's fight against extremism, terrorism paying off
- US Fed cuts interest rates for second time this year in divided vote
- Birthrate continues to shrink, surveys say
- Xi urges manufacturing upgrades